Invest a weekend of your time to avoid years of frustration and unfilled tags. The goal of Western Hunting Summit is to instill the confidence you need, not just to fill a single tag but to find consistent success year after year. Learn from some of the most seasoned and successful authorities in Western Hunting to develop the skills you’ll need to face any hunt. Four-day summits focusing on Archery Elk and Backcountry Elk & Mule Deer Combo will be available.
- June 15-18, 2023: Archery Elk
- June 22-25, 2023: Combo Backcountry Elk & Mule Deer
- Summits will be held in Montana at a large private ranch in the world-renowned Missouri River Breaks. See the Getting Here page for more info.
- All attendees must camp onsite at the event and be prepared with accommodations (tents, tipis, car and truck camping, small trailers and campers, RVs, etc.). See the Camping section below for more info.
- Porta-potty restrooms will be provided.
- Healthy food will be provided for the entire weekend.
- All presentations, workouts, interactive activities, and entertainment will occur at the event site. You’ll have plenty of time to socialize with other attendees and pick the brains of our presenters.
- All summits will take place rain or shine. The Montana weather may provide additional mental toughness training.
- You must provide your transportation to and from the event. Please check our Getting Here page for the closest airports, attendee rideshare, car rental information and alternatives.
- If you have any physical limitations, please contact us prior to the event to discuss needed accommodations.
- Due to insurance requirements, only paid attendees will be allowed onsite. All spouses, partners and children (of an appropriate age) wishing to attend must have a pass. If bringing a friend or spouse, take advantage of our multiple pass-purchase discount.
- For attendees wishing to bring children between 9-15, discounted youth passes are available.
- At check-in, all attendees must sign a safety waiver and be given further rules and regulations info.
- Please leave your pets at home. No animals will be allowed onsite.
- We cannot allow alcohol on the premises. Intoxication can result in removal from the event without a refund.\
No unauthorized vending/selling of items or products at the event.
- Please maintain proper hygiene during classroom and meal times. Wash your hands.
- We cannot provide firearms. Please bring your equipment if you want to participate in rifle instruction. Check airline and travel regulations for all firearms and ammunition.
What to bring
- Tent/shelter (RVs are allowed at this event location, but a packable tent will be needed for the overnight hike.).
- Sleep system (sleeping bag, pad/cot, ground tarp, etc.).
- Pack (for carrying gear during the hike).
- Water bottle/bladder for the hike.
- Appropriate hiking clothes and broken-in boots.
- Workout clothes and shoes.
- Headlamp (fully charged or with new batteries).
- Shower towel and all needed toiletries.
- Camp chairs (for watching presentations).
- Snacks for the hike and 3D shoot.
- Be prepared to bring everything needed for an overnighter on the mountain (packable shelter, Jetboil-style cooking system, packable sleep system, etc.).
Archers will be shooting a long 3D course twice, so please be prepared with the necessary equipment: bow, pack, plenty of arrows, and release (with a backup).
Rifle Attendees (Combo Summit ONLY)
Rifle attendees for the Combo Summit ONLY will be shooting a steel target course. Please bring all necessary equipment: rifle, hearing protection and ammo. For attendees unable to bring a rifle, we cannot supply rifles. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please contact us if you have questions.
- We prefer that guests spend the weekend camped out in tents. This will provide the best experience for the event and allow you to test out your gear.
- For guests without tents, we can provide a number of large group teepee tents. Please note that these may need to be shared with other attendees. Please contact us if you will need this accommodation.
Camper Trailers & RVs
- RVs and trailers of all sizes are welcome at this event site.
- Wet and muddy conditions are a high likelihood. Please make sure your vehicle is capable.
- No waste disposal will be available. Plan accordingly.
- Let’s face it… your RV won’t likely make it miles into the backcountry. Consider a tent.
Food & Meals
- Healthy food will be provided for the entire weekend. See our Experience page for more details on meals.
We will be unable to accommodate special dietary restrictions or allergies. Please contact us with any concerns.
- Dinner on Wednesday evening will be provided ONLY for guests who have purchased the Extra Day add-on.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be provided at the event.
- Please bring snacks for times between meals and for hikes.