June 22-25, 2023
The 2023 Backcountry Elk & Mule Deer Combo Summit is an opportunity to learn what it takes to find consistency in the woods every fall season. This summit will focus on hunting for both elk and mule deer across both archery and rifle seasons. Four days of presentations, interactive activities and workouts will give you the information needed to plan and conquer your next hunting trip out West. A wide array of presenters will cover topics such as hunt planning, digital scouting, shooting, gear, physical fitness and mental toughness. Join us for this intense yet fun-filled four days of education and adventure on a picturesque mountain ranch outside of Bozeman, MT.
More information will be posted on the Experience page an itinerary will be posted below closer to the event dates.
PLEASE NOTE: All times listed below are subject to change without notice… and likely will change. Be prepared.
Tue, June 20, 2023 (Extra Day Add-On Purchasers ONLY)
- 4:00 pm: Extra day attendees begin arriving.
- 5:00 pm: Dinner and evening hangout.
Wed, June 21, 2023 (Extra Day Add-On Purchasers ONLY)
- Early morning departure.
- Day of hiking, glassing and exploring with breakfast and lunch on the mountain.
- Return to basecamp for dinner.
Wed, June 21, 2023
- 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Evening check-in.
Thu, June 22, 2023
- 6:00 am: Coffee ready.
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am: Welcome breakfast.
- 8:00 am- 8:30 am: Welcome to Western Hunting Summit 2023.
- 8:45 am – 12:15 pm: Live breaking down an animal (bison), start to finish.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Brian Barney – Spot and Stalk Elk.
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Mark Livesay – Finding Elk /E-Scouting Strategies.
- 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm: Doc Hill – Health.
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Dinner.
- Archery Flat Range and or Rifle range w/ Joel Turner.
- Music by Cole Decker.
Fri, June 23, 2023
- 6:00 am: Coffee ready.
- 6:15 am – 7:00 am: Mark Livesay & Brady Miller – Hunt Planning and Map App Strategies.
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am: Dr. Kaare Tinglestad – Backcountry Medical.
- 9:45 am – 12:30 pm: Shot IQ with Joel Turner.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch.
- 1:30 pm: 5-mile 3D course – archery and rifle – shooting, hiking and glassing.
- Dinner on the mountain.
- Sam Davis – Consistent Success on Deer and Elk
- Q&A with Lampers and group,
- Evening glassing session.
- Overnight camping on the mountain.
Sat, June 24, 2023
- 4:30 am: Optional morning glassing session w/ Lampers.
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am: Breakfast on the mountain.
- 8:00 am – 9:45 am: Joel Turner & Cody Wilson – Elk Techniques & Calling.
- 9:45 am – 11:00 am: Initial Ascent Packs One Arrow Challenge.
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Dr. Kaare Tinglestad – Hands-On Backcountry Medical.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch on the mountain.
- 1:00 pm: 5-mile 3D course – shoot back to the ranch house.
- 6:00 pm: Dinner.
- Beat Brian Barney archery competition.
- Gritty Movie Night and discussion w/ Brian Call & Lampers.
Sun, June 25, 2023
- 6:00 am: Coffee.j
- 6:15 am – 7:15 am: Brady Miller – Finding Mule Deer.
- 7:15 am – 8:00 am: Breakfast.
- 8:15 am – 9:15 am: Brian Barney – Spot and Stalk Mule Deer.
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Giveaways and wrap-up.
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm – Final group Q&A and podcast.
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- Safe travels!